1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Putting A Cylcone Rake Together

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twj721, Mar 6, 2007.

1. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have any input as what I am up againist when I start to put our new cylcone rake together ? Got all 8 boxes later this afternoon and man what a lot of stuff to piece together but man is it made sturdy had no idea the thing was that well built looks like the hardest thing is going to be installing the mower deck discharge chute on as we have to mount the mounting hardware and then cut the open out of the cylcone chute adapator bracket .Twj
  2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

It is a well built unit. Just follow the instructions and you'll have little or no problems. The whole unit is easy to assemble. But you are right, There are a lot of boxes. I cut mine up and gave them to the school for their paper recycling project. They struck it ruch....
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Putting it together was not that bad, good instructions. Now putting that d*mn thing back in those boxes when I sent it back was another story!
  4. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

hey man if you havent put it together yet i would love to see a pic of the inside of the blower i am thinking about making one.
  5. twj721

Ok I will that was the 1 thing that I was really impressed with was the quality of the blower unit and the thickness of the impeller really scared of what the thing will pick up hope that there are no cats hiding in the flower beds LOL
    It will be a very intereing day for sure as I try to help my wife put this thing together Thanks guys for all the replies and yes I am saving the boxes just in case I do have to send it back
  6. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you'll find it goes together rather easily. The assembly instructions that came with the unit are excellent. But if you do have a problem, Woodland Power Products is only a phone call or email away, and they seem to bend over backwards to be helpful. Cutting the hole in the grass-catcher boot is perhaps the most challenging operation, but I suspect that anyone over the age of 12 who has used an electric jig saw should have no problem with that.

And DandG, good luck to you if you really are going to attempt to build your own. But I honestly believe you'll end up spending as much or more than if you just ordered one from Woodland. And also, I doubt if anything home built would be as well engineered. I think the Cyclone Rake is an exceptionally rare bargain, and it's nice to have someplace to go for parts sometime down the road, if that should ever be the case.
  7. twj721

You just do not know me I am the type person that can cut a board off 3 times and it is still too short:hammerhead: :laugh:
  8. twj721

Larry you are right about customer support I was missing an adapter coupler I called them and they said you missing a part I said why yes hesaid adapter coupler I said yes he said we caught that missing piece and it is being fedex to you . No that is service IMOM