putting a spreader in a "holder" off the back of truck..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Nov 15, 2012.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where they would sell something to hold your spreader off of the back of a pick up truck? Instead of sliding it in the truck and strapping it down there has to be something easier. thanks fellas

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

I got one that holds two spreaders, you want to buy it? It's aluminum. Very nice goes in hitch receiver, $100. I paid $375 for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with the one above or here's another op http://www.reallyinnovations.com/spreader3.html

Charles Cue

4. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

west ga pine, pm sent

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I should point out that you can secure your spreader firmly with a two inch piece of chain bolted to the left rear corner of the bed. Use a sturdy dog snap. Best if you replace one of the handle bolts with a stainless steel eyebolt. Snap it on, raise the tailgate... and the spread cannot move left, right or tip over. Add padlock if the truck will be unattended, for extra security.
    Click my name for pictures--but they do not show the set up close enough.

6. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i got mine from rittenhouse for like 90 bucks... if you can get that double spreader holder from westga for 100 bucks sounds like a great deal. spreader carrier on back of the truck definetly makes things so much easier.

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Just as long as you remember it's back there I bet there's been a few squished

Charles Cue

8. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

We sell them at John Deere Landscapes for around $85.00 each. They're called Spreader Caddy's. I've got a few customers who've mounted them on the front of their trucks as well. They slide into receiver hitches and are very easy to use.