Putting down applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hopper1124, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Hopper1124

Hopper1124 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I was wondering how long does it take you to put down all applications to your customers? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month etc.

How much time do you have between applications let say from the first to the second application? and what do you do in between apps if you have time?

How many customers do you have?

Thanks
    Hopper

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty broad question here, but as for timing, I go for around 6 weeks between apps.

3. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on how many customers you have.

AND the biggest factor of them all RAIN !!!!!!!!!

But to give you a ballpark answer. I have 125 properties I figure 5 weeks to get them done. Thats leaves me room to do other things like dodge rain drops.

As you can propably tell I hate the rain. We are still applying fall fertilizer. I am usually done by Mid November, mid December at the latest..... But not this year.

4. I got from one step to the next.

When I finsih step#1 I start on the same property I did on step#1 with step#2.

I don't know what the time frame is. Try to play around the rain.

Soon I will have an enclosed truck body and the rain factor will be much less.

5. healthylawn.net

healthylawn.net LawnSite Member

what recommendations do you have for enclosing a pickup truck? Is there a way to fill a tank?

6. 1) buy a van

2) buy a box truck

3) buy a used TGCL truck

4) buy a snug top

5) buy an SNG bed insert

6) buy a tarp

Fill tank like any other way.

7. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

5 to 7 weeks if weather permits

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We apply for about 180-190 accounts. Range from 1500 sqft to 60,000 sq.ft. Takes 1 applicator about 5-6 weeks to do each application round. Funny how noone mentioned delays due to windy days changing fert pattern:rolleyes: I guess thats because we haven't heard from Runner yet. Tremor would also agree that wind can be a major delay factor.

Bob

9. Nice Logo/Avatar Bob.

The avg. ere for windy days is about 3 a season that I can't apply to even call it a factor.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This was a very unusual season (besides the constant 95 degre days - day after day) in that we had quite a few actual windy days that the wind was just too fast or gusty to spray. In these days, only tg/cl can spray. No one else is allowed to. We must have had 7 of them, (actual working days) atleast.