putting down your pre right before a heavy rain?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Feb 21, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

pre-m needs to b watered in. but if in the forecast you had a heavy rain coming and that was the only rain in the forecast would you go ahead and put down pre-m and not worry about it getting washed away or would you wait and hope more rain was on the way? i guess my question would be will your liquid stonewall/prodamine be washed away with a heavy rain 24 hrs after you put down your pre-m. thanks for responses in advance

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

We are applying today! It's gonna rain, not going to be bad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I just put down fert/prodiamine granular on a 2 acre property today in anticipation of the rain/ice tomorrow since they don't irrigate. I just hope it's not too heavy, I guess sometimes you just have to cross your fingers. In this business, we are certainly at the mercy of the weather. Also, the forecasters can't seem to get it right about half the time, so what do you do if they forecast a lot of rain?

4. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel it depends on, if you've had a rainy season and the ground is absorbing water. Your good.
    If it's been dry for a while, like it's dusty. The ground probably won't absorb much. Water will be rolling downward slopes, water will not go down in soil. It will follow gravity. Not good for pre-m. What is your soils hydro ability. Thats your answer.
    Posted via Mobile Device