Putting Fliers on cars

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by howardsells2000, Mar 9, 2006.

1. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking about stopping at the local shopping centers and putting my fliers on the cars in the parking lots. Does anyone else do this?
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I hate when people do it to me..you can bet when I see someone has left a fliers on my windshield..I crumble it and trash it and never read it.But thats just me..Though most people I have observed in a parking lot that has been flierd do the same as I do/
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I really don't think many people appreciate having their car monekyed around with like that. Besides, what types of homes are you targeting when you do that? You can't tell, so really it's just a lot of wasted effort.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wasted effort,..and I catch someone meesin' around with my good truck, they can get their hands broken.
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would have to agree. In theory it sounds like a good idea, because you have so many cars in one location. However, I too feel that most people do not like it when someone fliers their vehicle.
  6. rplc

rplc LawnSite Member

I haven't put them on cars, but did put a couple of stacks a local dry cleaners. That way if someone were interested they could take one and I would not waste money on the people who weren't interested. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I didn't know what kind of customer I had. A few were well kept up scale lawns and there were a few on the other end of the pole. My recomedation would be to target the type of lawn you would like to have and then place flyers at there doors.
  7. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You may find yourself on litter patrol if the right ********** cop gets a hold of the trash on the ground.
  8. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

give it a shot and let us know how it works..

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh:
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Last season I remember this was brought up, as someone had gotten complaints because he went and hit a church down the street from him. That didn't go over so well.....