putting green cost

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS Landscaping, Jun 18, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping LawnSite Member

i am having to meet up with a customer to put in a putting green and wondering how you figure on how much to charge to do this. also like what kinds of materials do you need to do this. try to offer this as an add on for my company.

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I do all the instalation for pro players turf in my area and I think they go about $18 a square foot. that is drainage 3 base layers preped turf plus in fill and all the accesories. very labor intensive takes about 2 days to do one with a 2 man crew, bobcat, dump truck and 1.5 ton roller also a plate compactor

3. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping LawnSite Member

what did you use for the the turf was is regular turf or a carpet and if it something other then regular turf were would you beable to get the material.

4. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who is going to attempt a green and he didnt even know that he would be using creeping bentgrass. The above post re-affirmed what I thought about this project. Its very knowledge based, I have a lot of respect for the amount of work involved.

5. Drew Gemma

i use synthetic turk a polymer turf with round sand in it.

6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

7. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

ty for that link. Esp helpful cause i'm on Vancouver Island where this project took place. Poa- who knew.

8. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Happy to be of service. Good luck on your project.
    Guess alot of superintendents have given up fighting it, decided to nurture it.....

9. Drew Gemma

use synthetic a real bent green for a home owner is not practical way to much to do just to keep it going.

10. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

True dat. I have been debating for a while on offering the putting green installation. Today I just receieved some mktg info from a supplier about becoming a distributor/installer of their product. They wanted a significant payment for me to distribute and install their product. Did you have to do that? I was looking around and I can buy materials elsewhere without any financial committment or marriage to a specific company.