Putting green we installed w/pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by promower, Jun 30, 2006.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

A little project we worked on this past week. I actually really enjoyed doing this putting green and the homeowner though it turned out sweet. 550 square feet, wish it was in my backyard

kellygolfgreen2.jpg

Kellygolfgreen.jpg

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

how hard is it to install something like that?
    What materials are invloved and tools?
    and what is the average price per sq ft.

Thanks and it looks outstanding

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Installation wasnt bad. Layed a base with crushed limestone, added a few contours. Rolled out the carpet, seamed it together, brushed in some infill, cut the holes, seeded around it. Took 2 days with me and another guy. I charged $20 a sq. ft, found out later I was probably to high and that the average is around $12 -$13. I did make some pretty good money on this job. I Spent just under 3K in materials, and another $300 in labor, so I was 7K ahead at the end of a few days worth of work, cant beat that.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

So this is real grass right? Or "Carpet" What is the carpet you speak of?

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Got it. I'm all for semi-maintenece free putting greens, but Your name is ProMower, which would imply your all about real grass. Looks nice anyway. Synthetic and real grass grow right into each other? Any chance real grass could come up throw the "carpet"?