Putting Green

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Eden Lights, May 1, 2008.

1. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have any favorite methods for putting green lighting? No way to downlight from trees or building. I have seen the Augusta by Unique and I have a call into the greens installer about removing the existing cups and running a wire under the base. Any ideas?

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't actually used any of the putting green lights Eddie but I'm sure Joey could give some insight.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Putting greens are tough. You could always use a Unique Endeavor along with the Augustas. I think they stand about 48" tall.

4. Eden Lights

5. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

That fixture would probably work well Eddie. I like the way it has both a shroud and a knuckle. You could angle it back just slightly to get better coverage across the putting green, yet still be unobtrusive to the eyes.

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Ruud Lighting makes a very cool retractable, directional Bollard fixture...

During the day the fixture is in the ground and out of the way. Turn on the lighting system and the bollards extend up out of the ground 33". They have one that uses MR16 lamps on a pivoting, directional head.

Very cool for putting greens, and practise areas.

Regards.

7. poiuy qwerty

poiuy qwerty LawnSite Member

We have a customer who we are installing a putting green & he is asking for the cup to be lit from underneath. Any Ideas? would a well light under the cup work?

8. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Check out Uniques putting green light, "The Augusta". It is exactly what you are talking about.

9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I have used some of the focus putting green lights before and they do work well.

10. Eden Lights

Thanks for all the ideas, we went with the focus unit for the design layout, I will try and get some pics. I really liked the idea of the undercup style lighting and some of the focus units together, but I could not get the client to let me take out the existing cups.