Putting Greens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sodzilla, Feb 4, 2004.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys ever installed or thought of doing synthetic putting greens? I've seen a couple of them at our local Parade of Homes. Do you think they would be a money maker or not. You can check them out at www.allprogreens.com
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

It'd take a true golf nut to want one installed in their back yard...

However, I can confidently say that to build a "natural" putting green would cost a LOT more than a synthetic. I have no idea what goes into installing a synthetic, or what they cost, but I have built real ones, and they take a lot of material.

This probably didn't answer your question though, did it?:D

KODIAK LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

There is defiantly money in synthetic putting greens. If , you have the necessary equipment to install one. There is a good article in January 2003 Turf Magazine.

You won't know until you try.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Sodzilla,

This was brought up in another post as well, here. That post had some more insightful information.
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

People who have them installed around here have "backyard leagues".Each week, everyone goes to a new"course" at someone's home,chip and putt contests ensue, then they move to the next guys house the next week.Usually everyone gets drunk and has a good time. We have thought about getting in to it, but I'd rather focus on what we do well for the time being.
  6. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

I install putting greens, vary hard to sell but good $$$, they are vary easy to install. the last one was 874sq feet five hole 3guys 4 days lots of ground prep. 13k then landscaped it for 17k.