Putting High sides on trailer and removing leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mortymower, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Mortymower

Mortymower LawnSite Member

Hi, i have a 6X12 trailer with 15" sides with no mesh. I have a redmax commercial blower which I love, and an exmark LHP48. For leaf cleanup I always blow the leaves out of the beds and into piles but then i have to resort to bagging them up by hand. I would by an accelorator bagger for the LHP but i have to use a push mower on many of my lawns and backyards because of stairs. fences, etc. Does an Exmark LHP 48 with an accelorator on it have any sucction i wanted to drive down a side walk and suck up leaves? If not I am thinking about just getting treated plywood or painted plywood and putting 4' sides all the way around my trailer and hauling leaves in the front and the mower in the back. I will just blow leaves into a pile and tarp them up the ramp an into the trailer. I have never tarped before so any advice there is great also. Is this a good plan or should I buy the accelorator and use it insted or both? Thanks

2. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

not sure what the accelorator? is, but the ultra-vac for the exmark works great for leaves. I still don't really understand what everyone uses a tarp for? besides covering the leaves when finished?

3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I put 3 sides on the front of my trailer. I would run over the leaves with double blades. Suck them up with the Protero collector on my BobCat. Then I would empty the mulched leaves into the front of my trailer. It worked great. But not great enough to keep me from buying an EZ dumper insert for my pick up, haha.

4. Mortymower

Mortymower LawnSite Member

This is an accelorator bagger; about $400.

exmark72rider.gif

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

just buy a friggin walker for gods sake. 2 guys, 2+ acres, 100+ trees, all leaves had fallen, one time cleanup under 2 hours. i need to raise my rates to $1000 hr based on what you guys charge and how long it takes you. buy a new walker every week then.

just bg85 hand blowers too. no backpacks or other equip.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

billygoats rule.

For the question on leaf how-to's with tips and hints, check out the thread:
    http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=121900

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What you do, mulch them?

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

10. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member