1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Putting our pricing on our website?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PerfectEarth, May 20, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Weed out the tire kickers. :rolleyes:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with "starting at" or "bulk product" prices. I agree it helps cut down on tire kickers. Provided they know how to read and comphrehend.:usflag:

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried that for mine this year. I thought that would filter out price shoppers but it seemed to do the opposite. Once I trashed the page, calls dropped like a rock.

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I appreciate the feedback. I've just done quite a few of these type of proposals this year- the kind where you're really not giving a set project price and getting into specific details/plants/material pricing. More "general" proposals... that still take some time to write up. More for longer-term maintenance stuff that people say, "Mowing, maintenance, an occasional project, maybe some mulching, blah blah blah..." Non-specific stuff from higher-end clients. People who, if you went over on materials and a bit on labor, would be fine anyways.

So that's maybe where i'm going with this. Referring to pricing online.

OR- maybe I should just type up a separate "pricing/proposal" sheet that I can use for this type of situation! Then I can e-mail it out and not have the info totally public... better idea?

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Obviously people will fill out forms because service magic gets them to do it all the time.

I am truly interested in how this works out for you either way you go