1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

putting sand on beach

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by flykelley, Apr 22, 2007.

1. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Hi Guys
    This is a new one for me, I have a customer who lives on a lake. She wants me to bring in sand and dumo on her beach and spread it 20 feet into the lake. First question I have is how would I move it from the beach into the lake, is there a method so you have don't have to hand shovel it into the water? Any tricks or advice would be great.

Regards Mike
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

15ton trackhoe should do the trick...but i would check with the local government/permit office...they may have a problem with you running equipment out into the lake with all these tree-huggers now-a-days
  3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Better check with zoning, you may not even be able to to it.
  4. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

The only sand you can put in Michigan lake is mason sand. I usually put it on the ice in the winter and it falls in as the ice melts works really well. so you'll have to use an excavator know. I see your in my area you if you need anything PM me and ill give you my number:waving: :waving:
  5. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Thanks Bishop
    Send me a PM with price's for 10 yrd of mason sand delivered to that lake just west of US23.

Thanks Mike
  6. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

Message sent if you don't already know you can check it at the top right of the page under your name!