Q about contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by xdallairex, Mar 29, 2008.

1. xdallairex

xdallairex LawnSite Member

K Im just starting out so go easy on me! Its prob. a dumb question but.... When I land a contract how do I tell them I want paid? at the end of the season, half up front, or all of it at the time of signing the contract?
    End of each month would work as well I guess???
    Thanks for the help
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

end of the month is stadnard with a contract, That is how I do it with commercials. Residentials pay in advance for the month, but they arent under and contract, just month to month.
  3. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I get first months payment when they sign the contract. Everything is in advance. I have a 30 day cancellation clause in my contract, so this prevents me from getting to far out on any work. If someone cancels on the first, their payment for that month is due and we still service the property until that 30 days is up.
  4. xdallairex

xdallairex LawnSite Member

Great Info Guys Thank You!
  5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i do monthly we bill at the end of each month and they need to pay by the 10 th of the next month. i don't let a customer get more the one month behind. if so i send them to collections that month and stop service until paid in full. then we require them pay in advance after that..