Q: for Florida LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Lawn-Sharks, Jun 16, 2008.

?

Florida LCO's, Have you increased your prices to make up for the high fuel cost?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2008.
  1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I want to but haven't yet

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I was wanting to get some feedback from some of the Florida guys in her about price increases because of the sky rocketing fuel prices.

1. Have any of you done price increases recently( i don't need a $$ amount)

2. What kind of feedback did you get from the customer about your increase(-) or (+) or no response?

3. Did you lose any accounts because of your new price?

4. Did you send out a letter or just billed the new amount with a small explanation about the new price???

5. How many of you haven't crossed that road yet but the increase is on your mind?

Thanks for answering any of these question. I have already started talking to most of my customers about an increase and so far the ones Ive talked with have accepted and expecting an increase, but i haven't figured out a fair amount to charge across the board. I'm also not sure if i should send out a letter or just start charging?? The right thing to me is to send out a letter but other LCO's i talk with say its better for me to start charging them the new price then it is to give them a choice, because if i give them time to think about the increase then I'm giving them time to find a new lawn company??? I dunno this is what i hear.

2. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm definitley thinking about raising my prices.

3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Hey did you ever get that phazer you wanted???

4. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

I sent a letter out with the Feb invoices increasing our pricing structure 5-7% depending on the size of the contract. I also stipulated that once gas prices rose steadily above $3.75/gl for 89 octane that we would then be implementing a fuel surcharge of $5 per month until the summer roller coaster subsided.

I haven't lost any client's as I have been as staright forward with them as I could be about the ever increasing costs of doing business. I had a few clients grumble, but told them basically I put their business on the line by adjusting prices at the onset of the regular mowing schedules.

I believe that most people understand that we have to stay on top of our numbers during these trying economic times, and that the majority respect a pro-active approach.