Q for great dane rep/users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowforyourmoney, Jan 22, 2006.

1. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

hey when i was at the gd dealer the owner casually said som'n about how one of there customers put the 36" scamper through a gate and propped it up on one side to get through so my Q is what is the minimum width of a brand new scamper (36in pistol grip) will it fit through a res gate with opening about 37or38in.?
    thanx in advance
    Aaron

2. mowforyourmoney

from kc

ok what the heck i know someone one this website has one or knows some one with a 36in scamper made by great dane

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

You can generally fit a mower that is the same width as the gate if you wiggle it in. Try going at an angle or other ways to see if you can squeeze through. I can try to find the exact width, but it will be over 36" thats for sure. You could even tilt the mower and drive it through the gate driving it on only 1 or 2 wheels. 36" wb's are not that heavy.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Ok mowforyourmoney, here is what I could find out.

The 36" pistol grip scamper is not a true 36" cut. Its actually a 35.5" cut. Given this info I would say that with the discharge chute off the deck is probably exactly or very close to 36" as long as the discharge chute brackets dont stick out past the deck. However, the overall width with rear wheels is apparently exactly 36" making the mower at least 36" wide.

Hope this helps.

5. mowforyourmoney

from kc

thanx mjl youve been a big help...hmmm since it has a 35.5 in cut does that mean it has 17.75 in blades cuz i've never seen those b4

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

In theory yes that would make sense, but they are actually 18" blades. The reason 2x 18" blades fit in a 35.5" deck is because they are not side by side. They are staggerd so one is in front of the other. That way there is blade overlap.

Part number: D18037 18"blade.

7. mowforyourmoney

from kc

wow you are a complete guiness thanx again for the help