1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

q36 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Jun 15, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys: How is this mower ... is it worth the money... I do about 10 to 15 lawns a week on the side and need somehting bigger then the push mower I have now... Dont need a huge mower like a 48 inch ... Been seing this in a lot of landscape magazines and wondering what peoples views both good and bad are on it... hows the striping, bager kits for it, sulky?????
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It is a great mower. Well worth the money and would fit your needs well. I tested this mower for TURF Magazine and you can find that article in April's edition I believe it was.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Great little mower. Works as advertised. The folks at BOP are a treat to deal with.

Here is a link to some pics I took a couple of weeks ago. Great quality of cut. Ignore the shirtless employee - focus on the mower - this should not be difficult to do.

4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It'll get you in the game as a serious participant.

Made my own sulky, so I can't comment on theirs; but it does a good job pulling me (195#)

Great deck that will flat out move some grass and plenty of power to back it up. (16 HP)

Compact size takes less floor space than a push mower.

Only thing I would change is to buy the Kaw powered unit for a smoother sound and less vibe.
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

i thought about getting one with the stripping kit, but then they said i cant make crop circles with it. :rolleyes:

(from website)
    Ever wondered how they get the stripes on the ball fields you see on TV? They use a striping roller. By passing the roller over your lawn, first one way and then back, the grass leaves are slightly "bent" in the direction of the roller's travel. As sunlight is reflected by the opposing "stripes", the effect is way, way cool. With a little practice and imagination, who knows what pattern you may come up with! Our new 30" wide Lawn Striping Roller Kit is a quality-built piece of equipment and attaches easily to the Quick 36 using two bolts. 2004 Models require drilling two holes, all 2005 Quick 36's have mounting provisions already in the frame. Not for use with the Step-Saver rider. NOTE: This product is NOT for use in creating fake crop circles.
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

How does this mower do on hills, slopes. It appears to be a very well built mower, particularly for the price.I could envision this mower for getting into gated areas.
  7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys for all the help... all I hear is good things about this machine... just spoke with a rep and am even happier about it... prob. going to purchase it within the next few months... Hope it will pull 230 pounds on a sulky ok.
  8. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one the first of this season. I absolutely love it. The company support is outstanding too. I really dont work for Quick but I really like the machine so I tell everyone. If I did not like it I would be very vocal too, so I try to be fair.