1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Q4 and MSO

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by leprichaun1205, Apr 27, 2012.

1. leprichaun1205

leprichaun1205 LawnSite Member

Anyone ever used MSO with Q4 the label does not mention it, I have used Drive XLR8 in the past with MSO with good results also label recommends it, I know that quinchlorac is main ingredient in q4 also, but no mention of adding a surfactant like MSO, any thoughts greatly appreciated.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

"Waiting for adserver.lawnsite.com" About 30 seconds. What is wrong Vbulletin?
    This site is so slow today.

Sure, why not use some Mso with the Q4. Anything that wets the weed better, and reduces runoff has got to be a help with effectiveness and absorption.
  3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

First off, I have not tried MSO with Q4 but I would only say personally I would not add MSO to ANY product unless it recommended it on the label or I checked with the producer first. So much research goes into these products sometimes adding a sticker/spreader makes the product TOO EFFECTIVE and damages non-target plants as well. Probably would be an issue but be careful. I ALSO have used it with Drive XLR8 but again, that is recommended on the label. Let us know what you find out? what are you targeting? clover?
  4. leprichaun1205

leprichaun1205 LawnSite Member

Some Clover (white), alot of yellow foxtail, the property has had problem with nutsedge (yellow) however to cool right now for that and I usually hit it with dismiss for nutsedge. I usually dont like to expererment with chems, I always follow the labels, but was curious because drive xlr8 is very similar with the major ingrediant being quniclorac, I have used drive xlr8 alot i am new to Q4 has anyone had personal experiance with both? Thanks
  5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Q4 is too hot of a mix to aDd mso, I think you will burn the turf, however you could try backpacking A gallon and try it on a small area at your own house to see.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

In general, it is not recommended to add surfactants with herbicides containing sulfentrazone; high phyto' potential.
  7. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

If its regular Q4 you can add small amounts of Mso to it I used 1 tblsp per gallon Mso to 3 oz Q4. But with the new plus with higher percentages I've not needed to add.
    Posted via Mobile Device