Q4 Plus.............have you noticed?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ron mexico75, Jun 24, 2013.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

This makes no sense to me. I just picked 2-2.5gal jugs of Q4 last week. Both labels say 4 weeks on them. Website says 1 week. WTF. I just got done spraying 3 acres with Drive/speedzone mix so I can reseed this month. Would of used my Q4 instead of mixing that.

2. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody try reseeding a test area after 1 week to see what happens? Seems like it wouldn't take too much time to find out.

3. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you guys using a sticker with q4? I sprayed with chem stick and results were not very good? I have had great succes with drive and methylated seed oil...I don't understand why chemicals don't come pre mixed with the proper sticker? Round up is the only one I know of....back to the original question I would think 1 week would be plenty of time especially when using a Powerseedeer or aerator

4. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the jugs you bought were old and had been sitting on the shelf for sometime. Kind of like the problem I ran into with Solitaire that listed Dallisgrass on the label. But I called the company and they said that was a two-year-old label at least. Problem is these companies change their labels and no one ever knows about it.

5. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

What app are you using to save the labels onto your phone... I have a droid and I believe this to be a great way to always have them on me... How are you going about this? Thank you

6. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dowload the label pdf from the makers website to my desktop. I then attach it to an email and email myself the pdf. I then open it and save it to iBooks on my phone.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

8. JACIRR

JACIRR LawnSite Member
    from MN

That is for the Older Q4. He is talking about the Q4 Plus. That does say 1 week on the PBI Gordon website.

9. EMC

EMC LawnSite Member

I use the Dropbox app to store all my labels on PDF. Works perfectly just download on your phone or put in to Dropbox folder from your desktop