1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

QA/QC for lawn maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Quality Assurance / Quality Control.

Anybody ever thought about providing a person that goes around after the crews have finished up and provides QA/QC.
    My thought is that this person would use a small truck, trimmer and 21" mower. Stop at each site and do a quick inspection. Then leave a card at the door that states the lawn was cut that day at 10:00 am and was inspected at 3:00 pm and the lawn was found to be in perfect shape, or perhaps a small spot was missed and the spot was taken care of and the remedy explained on the card.

My thought is that this type of person would be of little benefit to my organization and would cost me a few more dollars but the message that it sends to the customer is this company really goes the extra mile to assure me that my lawn is done right and looks perfect each and every week.

Soon your clients are talking to friends and neighbors a telling them what unique steps their lawn company has taken to assure them they are well taken care of. Soon the friends and neighbors are calling to have you do theirs as well because of your commitment to go beyond what the others are doing.

I think it would be a great selling point when trying to negotiate with a client to tell them that you have a QA/QC plan in place.
    I'm always trying to think beyond what the others are doing, I'm continuously trying to improve the process and add additional value to the client while increasing profits at the same time. Why follow the pack when you can lead it.

Anyone have suggestions as to if they think it would fly or not?

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

Actually I was just thinking about that.
    I would say go for it as long as meet your company budget.
    As for me, I'm just part timer and don't have enough time and budget to have that kind of service. But next year when I become fulltimer, yes definitely included in my service.
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think its a good idea. it would really show the customers you cared.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If it is in your budget and you have enough accts to make it worthwhile then I'd say it is a great idea.
  5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

To be honest, I think that sounds like a great idea