1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

qb 2001 pro, question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by strickdad, Oct 28, 2001.

1. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

alot of times when we do a job we get paid the same day, my question is when we come home to post the work on accounts recievable why cant we post the amount charged, amount paid, and the balance all on the one screen?? the way it is set up now we have to go back to the recieved payments screen and post payment there ... thanks in advance for any help on this..
  2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's just the nature of the bookkeeping beast Strickdad. There's no way around that in any software because bookkeeping software likes to perform one task at a time.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Quickens Let you do just what you want on one page. How ever it does not have all the controls that quick books has. Both programs are made by the same company.
  4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the replys bill, ric, we just went to this program and it seems to be a good one. there seems to be in some cases some unnecessary steps
  5. Lawn Ape

Lawn Ape LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

In QB Pro, I believe that you can just go to Customers-->Enter Cash Sales for this.

LM Support
  6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Try invoicing date of one day in the past. Exit out of QB, then enter payment. Works for me.
  7. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Use enter cash sales like Lawn Monkey said.
  8. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

You can use cash sales or in the set up select single entry bookkeeping. (Not Highly Recommended though)