1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

QB online

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 24, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Hi, I searched for it on quickbooks and here. Is there a way to track who sold the job so they can get the proper commission? Also is there a way to set up qb online to store a price for services for each customer? So when billing mrs smith i dont have to look up what we charge her to cut the grass or fert?

Thanks in advance jason
  2. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Hi Jason

I don't know if this will help or not. I have quickbooks and I hide the ship to address so it doesn't print but you see it on the screen. I put all my customer indormation such as fert price,lawn price etc in there and you only see it on the screen when you are doing your invoices.
  3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

do you do that for the online version?
  4. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Not sure about the online version.
  5. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Jason, as for commisions, on the pro version that is an option. there is a field in the customer edit window that asks for a sales rep. its under the additional info tab.

As for online, i know that it stores all the past invoices online but im not sure if there is a way to have a field on the left side per say that has a list of prices for that specific customer. i know that QB can be somewhat customized but im not sure about that one. I use QB online and i love and so do the customers. its super easy to use and its real nice to be able to view all the past invoices.
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

On the invoice, there is a place for the due date ( 1st, due upon receipt, etc) beside that, the is another blank box. I put in a code ex: 200/f100/s110/fg140) this box isn't printrd on the invoice.( probably have to toggle the option)
    = 200monthly/fertilizer app 100/seed 110/ fungicide 140)

I may also print a report from the last Fg report, or fert report.