1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

QB Pro Form Letter Help Needed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DMAN, Mar 6, 2003.

1. DMAN

DMAN LawnSite Member

I am in the process of sending out a form letter i created in word through QuickBooksPr0 2001. I am having a problem as I have the fields entered into the letter(customer address and name) however I can not seem to find the file in quickbooks i need to have that database merge into the letter when i go to the "get data" window in word to do the merge!! Any help or suggestions would be great!!

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

you shouldn't have to go to a "get data" in word. I am not sure how much youu have done, but here is the process in a nutshell.

Create template: in qb, click company, write letters, then it will ask if you want to prepare or design. click design, next, then you get 4 options which you probably want to design from scatch, next, then name the letter and check for type of customers it is for, create letters. then word will pop open in a new form. Then you type in info you want and add the fields from qb that are in the drop down box right there in word (qb will make the box appear in word), then save it.

Create letter: in qb, click company, write letters, then choose the prepare button that you want (probably another type of letter), next, choose the type of customer that you set the letter up for and then choose the letter name that you made, next, then choose the options that apply to the customers you are sending letters to and then chhose the customers from the list, next, create letters, word will pop open with all the letters wrote with all the customer info in them that you choose to be inserted. then print them, lick'em, and send'em.

I hope this is what you needed and it helps.