1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Qbook

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by draftlawncare, Feb 2, 2004.

1. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

IS QBOOK JUST A ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE OR IS IT ALSO MADE FOR BILLING, ROUTING ESTIMATING JOBS AND KEEPING RECORDS OF BUSINESS EXPENSES OR WOULD I NEED ANOTHER PROGRAM FOR THAT

2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Quickbooks, as far as I know, doesn't do routing, but can do basically everything else. I use QuickBooksPro for invoicing, billing, expenses, payroll, and preparation of state and federal taxes. I have not used its' job costing and estimating functions, someday I'll look into them!

I believe that the big difference between QuickBooks and QuickBooksPro is that QBPro does payroll.

Do a search on this site, there are alot of threads about QuickBooks.

3. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

Tvov is right. I don't know of any routing features within the current versions. There are documentation areas in each customer's account. As far as routing, I don't believe you are going to find what you are looking for.

By the way.....Quickbooks Basic also includes the payroll module. The basic version is generally all you will need for the basic accounting functions.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

try this button

capslock.gif

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats a good one promo

You can get routing and scheduling software that is compatibale with Quickbooks. Like I just bought a scheduling software about 5 days ago. Go to Quickbooks website and they will list software companys, and demo's of the products that are compatiable.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi draftlawncare,

You are welcome to download and try our software. Gopher is designed for billing and scheduling. Your data can then be exported to Quickbooks.

7. nuchdig

nuchdig LawnSite Member
    from oh

Quickbooks does a nice job for us!

8. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Quick Books Pro with Q Express from Alocet works very well.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

9. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

you can do payroll with quickbooks basic. i do. prints out your 940's, w-2's and w-3's too.