qclip & pda questions

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by GrassBustersLawn, Jan 24, 2004.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Dave

FIRST: I am using QuickBooks Pro 2003. I bought qclip last year to do routing. Still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to be doing with it! Do you have a "qCLip for Dummies" book or some other way I can get help?

SECOND: I would like to have a PDA where I could enter the work on the PDA in the field as it is done (INVOICES for each customer for the whole day). Then download it somehow so I don't have to keep track of a (sweaty, dirty, stained) piece of paper in my truck all day and then manually enter the jobs at night when I should be spending "quality time" with the Mrs. & kiddies. Got any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike Bowron
    GRASS BUSTERS Lawn & Landscape
    Indpls., IN.

2. DaveTucker

DaveTucker LawnSite Member

Mike,
    1. The first 20+ pages of your qCLIP manual take you through step by step, setting up your customers and jobs. This is where you should start because qCLIP is what will eliminate the very thing that you mentioned in your post - paperwork, lost papers and loss of quality time.

2. We have technicians that can take you through a quick tutorial here as well, so I would suggest that you start with the manual and then call us when you need help.

3. We have a forum where you can ask questions of other CLIP users as well. www.clipforum.net

4. We offer classes around the country, see the schedule at:

http://www.clip.com/Class signup sheet.pdf

We have them coming up in February, March and April. The class takes you step by step as well but adds the advantage of a live instructor and classmates that spur on discussion. You also gain from a lot of business knowledge and application.

5. We have on-sites available. You can call us and schedule a certified trainer to come out to your place and help you.

As far as the PDA is concerned, once you have qCLIP set up and running, the eRouter software will give you exactly what you want and have described.

Your most important job during this "down time" is to get going with qCLIP because everything else comes after that. You will see a change in your company and the way you do business once you are using qCLIP.

Hope some of this helps. Let us know how we can help you.

Dave Tucker
    CLIP Software