QCV pictures for ICS

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Sep 7, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We installed a QCV in a parking lot planter today. The way we set/protected it is pretty much the way we do it on a baseball field... except that the box is surrounded by grass instead of planter dirt. :)

Pinkham Parking Lot QCV Install 9-7-07 IV-01.jpg

Pinkham Parking Lot QCV Install 9-7-07 IV-02.jpg

Pinkham Parking Lot QCV Install 9-7-07 IV-03.jpg

Pinkham Parking Lot QCV Install 9-7-07 IV-04.jpg

2. Why did you need a QC there?

3. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Car washes! Or, he's putting them in just in case we have Global Cooling and they need to start blowing out systems! :laugh:

4. PurpHaze

Parking lot planters (5 total) were originally one large drip system when this school was built nearly 18 years ago. Drip was abandoned approximately 10 years ago because it was futile to try and keep it up due to constant leaks, breaks, clogs, etc. Nearest hose bibb is approxiamtely 150' away and there was no real way to water the trees in these planters. We took out the original automatic valve, installed the isolation ball valve and then the QCV so there'd be a source of water closer to the planters. Ultimate plan is to remove all the junipers and renovate the planters. Depending on what goes into the planters we'll decide how we'll get water to them.

5. So you needed it? Of course. Why didn't you just say so.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I love the purple paint.

nice work..

I might be wrong but that looks like a marlex stree L?

or what ever you all preach..

7. PurpHaze

Nope... no Marlex is ever used in our QCV swing joints. They won't take the constant back-pressure of a QCV. Leo made this swing joint up and he likes ending his with a galvanized 90 that the final galvanized nipple connecting the QCV goes into. I've given him leeway on this issue. He also likes using PVC streel ells in a couple of places.

8. Ain't no marlex street ell in that baby. No Suh. That them is sch 40 and galvanized. Yea Suh. Praise da Lord.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

-Thanks

Why would the galvie nipple be an issue?

10. PurpHaze

It'll "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" for a long time brutha. Can I get a glory hallelujah and a hearty Amen too??? :laugh: