Qds Hopper Upgrade

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Troy Landry, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Troy Landry

Troy Landry LawnSite Member

I called my exmark dealer today to find out you can not just order a QDS hopper. Please help !!!!
    Who,where,when and how can I get one. Why is exmark doing this ? They need to have a update hopper for the exmark blower I already have purchased. Thanks for your help.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Troy,

Unfortunately, there is no conversion kit to change your manual dump UltraVac to the UltraVac QDS. I've made this same suggestion to those higher up, but I'm not getting anywhere.

By not having to buy the blower and mount, you'd save around $600. This would be a significant savings to those who have recently purchased a standard UltraVac in the last year or two.

If you do decide to buy the UltraVac QDS, you could try to sell the blower on the pre-owned section of our web site. Your dealer could post it for you. The blower is a wear item, so I would think that you could get rid of it. The price on it is $470, so that's what I would ask for it. It wouldn't hurt to try. That's what I would do if I was really serious about the QDS.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep working on those here at Exmark, and we'll see what happens next year. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Here to help,

Exmark Customer Support
  3. eXmark

Evidently, I spoke too soon, and those higher up the food chain have heard the call! Sometime (hopefully this year) we will come up with a kit to convert the old, manual dump models to the new, QDS setup. I have no idea when this will happen, but the kit is in the works.

Whether or not these kits happen this year really depends on our build schedule. If we have room to slip these kits in the build schedule this year, it will happen. If we don't, you won't see the kits until next year. I just found this out about five minutes ago, so you guys are hearing the latest, greatest information. Just thought I'd pass the good news on that relief is on the way.

Exmark Customer Support
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sure, it would be nice to dump from the seat and go. Actually REAL nice!

But....95% of my Ultra-Vac use requires that I hand dump the individual bags into my truck bed. Cant do that with the new QDS!

I guess the guys with leaf loaders could just dump in the street and suck them up later though.

Is the bottom of the QDS flexable? When backing down my trailer ramp, the bags on my Ultra-Vac touch, and because their flexible bags, allow me to do this. A rigid mounted hopper would certainly prevent me from getting on my trailer.

Is installing the QDS a 2 man operation also? (or a 1 man operation and a sore back later)? lol
    My regular Ultra-Vac is one bulky heavy piece of overbuilt equipment (but I like it so far).
  5. eXmark

The bottom of the QDS is not really flexible, but it is tapered so it shouldn't drag when getting it on and off the trailer. That's the reason why the capacity goes from 13.5 bu. on the original UltraVac to the 11 bu. on the new, UltraVac QDS. It mounts on your Lazer in the same manner as the original UltraVac. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Exmark Customer Support

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dustin, Terry,
    Are you guys going to build QDS to fit a Lazer HP??? If you are do you have any idea when it will hit the market??? ED
  7. eXmark

I think it's on the list of things to do, but I can't tell you when this will happen. We'lll keep you posted.

Exmark Customer Support