Q's for the Scag TT owners..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicksilverado01, Mar 20, 2005.

1. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I just recently purchased an 05 Scag Turf tiger with a 61" deck.

1. Right now the antiscalp rollers are on the lowest position. It kinda looks a little low and should be on the higher spot?? not sure.

2. does double scag blades work good for spring tall/wet grass? I think I have a enough power to run doubles.

3. does the TT stripe better then the tiger cub w/52" cut?

2. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

They told me that the lower setting is for mowing over 3" and the higher setting is for mowing under 3". I mow everything over 3" so I run the low setting and it works for me, also run the front baffle all the way up in the spring it seems to cut better. My turf tiger stripes pretty good, but i've never ran a tiger cub. Hope is helps you
  3. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

when you mean the front baffle all the way up as in the up most setting or removed?
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would put the anti-scalp rollers be in the highest hole when the rollers are new and lower them as they wear. If you have the mulch kit on...you should not need double blades. I think the double blades puts a lot of load on the entire system so I won't run them unless you have a definite need, especially when it is wet in the spring.
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

When we run our wheels in the lower setting a lot of times they will cut into the ground when turning if the ground is uneven. if this happens to you then i'd say you need to raise them up. If you adjust your baffle and it still clumps or leaves stringers then you should try double blades. that should eliminate clumps and stringers in spring growth and help improve striping. If your deck is set up correctly and it still doesn't stripe like you want it to then get the Scag striping kit. Hope that helps.
  6. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

I do not have the mulch kit. Is the mulch kit worth getting?

I think I will move the antiscalp rollers to the upper spot...what about the center one should I leave it in the lower one or move that one up too?
  7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Just put meg-mo blades on. I run them on both ny scags and they use less hp than doubles and cut better.