1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quack grass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnboy, Jun 7, 2006.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I called lesco the other day and asked if there was any new chemicals for quack grass, because i have a yard full of it. Their response was try drive it should help.... I have never heard of that. Nor does it say on the label it treats it. So anyway I sprayed today a lawn with it. I will let you know...
  2. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I just applied drive on about 15 of my lawns, many were over an acre.

This is my first time using it and I didn't have the time to test the product before I used it.

Can someone let me know what the results should be and how long they will take???

I hope I didn't just waste $600 and $2500+ of my customers money!!!!!

Thank You.!
  3. lawnboy

drive is usually used as a crabbgrass killer. You shouldnt have much crabbgrass right now though. Maybe. It will kill other weeds, but it is an expensive way of doing it.
  4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Drive will not touch quackgrass. Quackgrass is a cool season perrenial like bluegrass, that is why no herbicide has been developed to separate the two. Roundup is the only thing I know will kill quackgrass.
  5. lawnboy

i agree with you, but i am just relaying what they said. Thought i would try as an experiment