Quackgrass and K31 everywhere this year

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, May 7, 2013.

1. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

If you find a cure for the Orchard Grass, let us know. I am going to apply dimension this fall. Every weed call I got this spring was either annual blue, bittercress, henbit and chickweed and I blanket spray in fall. The customers think its all crabgrass.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

The first company that comes up with a post emergent foolproof solution to nail quack and K31 or similar out of KBG/fescue/rye lawns wins a prize with me.

Unless of course, their name is DuPont.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Brushing the tall grasses with RU when the lawn is short... It may take a little extra time,,, but then,,, just how lazy are we getting.... :)

4. jad004

jad004 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a prize was just won to me!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

I tried to 'paint' a small patch of quackgrass in my own lawn tonight. What a nighmare - too much tiddlywinks. I ended up just flagging off the infested area and spray killed the whole thing. Will resod wont take too much.

But man oh man, don't let the quack get a good foothold, or else......

6. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

I believe certainty will take out fescue and quack grass out of bluegrass...may want to double check that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Certainty label was changed and can no longer be used on cool seaso grasses. I used to use it with varying results.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Tractor Supply.

It's their number one selling seed.

They have a pallet of it at the front door of both the stores near me.

Pisses me off.

I am in Michigan and also seeing a lot of Poa and quack. I always see a lot of tall fescue.

The problem is that most people believe it is crabgrass and we are not doing our job. I do my best to tell everyone whats going on but it is probably my number one objection or concern amongst clients. More so than weeds.

I tell people I wish you did have crab grass. But sadly you don't.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Ha I hear ya. At least crabgrass you can fry post emergent. Quack is like death to lawns.....death by Roundup that is.