Qualified herbicide employee? How much pay?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toxic man, Oct 11, 2004.

1. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

What is a good pay for a person who can go out and apply herbicides as my employee? An employee who can, after training, apply herbicides within my guidlines? How long are you guys training these folks before sending them out in to the field, in one of my rigs?

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not training anyone to send out in the field in one of your rigs :confused:
  3. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

32,500 a year...
    if they rock add a comm...
    that would include a weed, insect, and aqua license.....

a good tech will do 50k and have a vaca of 4 weeks a year....

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

What are the large company's paying new applicators in your area? What are the small high quality companies starting their new applicators at?
    Here in north/central new jersey new applicators make $12-$15 to start and the really good applicators that work for smaller high quality companies make as much as $25 + benefits per hour. I would guess that you would start a good applicator $2-$5 per hour above what the large companies pay and work the new person up the ladder annualy with pay. Good applicators are worth more $ because they can post numbers between $100-$120 per hour gross after materials with one truck or van. A good applicator can generate a lot of revenue and make very few errors. A bad applicator could cost you your name/reputation as well as a lot of $$$$. Invest in a good applicator and pay them what they are worth and you won't be sorry you did.

Pete D.