Quality Fertilizer Help........

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by grasssin, Mar 11, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

And yes before I get cussed out for "not being licensed" and "you are such a scrub" etc. etc etc by everyone, I am taking the test on March 16 in Montgomery. Which is the first time this year they are testing. So I will be legal then.

However, the study packet leaves out the best brands to use (that was suppose to be read in a sarcastic tone) and no Lesco is sixty miles away from me. And yes I am new to fertilizing just like everyone reading this was at one time and just would like to do a quality job instead of half ass.

having Lowes and Walmart near me is not helpful after reading peoples responses about Scotts. Being in Alabama, we have an abundance of Seed and Feed stores so i am sure they will carry some quality.

The question at last: What is the three best quality fertilizer brands that you like or use?

Need to know because once i get my license I will start applications.........

2. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

You have a Lesco store 30 miles away in Columbus, Ga. Also one in Montgomery, Al. If you have Home Depot, a few Lesco brands are available there also.

3. Rhodester

Rhodester LawnSite Member

The agronomy dept. of the University of Rhode Island is well respected and considered to be one of the pioneers of commercial
    sod production.

For what it's worth...here's what they say.

"Regarding which brand of fertilizer to use, a turf research project at the University of Rhode Island comparing many different lawn fertilizers found that all brands containing the same components worked equally as well."

Dave

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Grassin, do a google search for , UHS and carovail. Thes companies have good product. If you have warehouse space you should be able to get shipements from these as well as lesco. IF not you may be forced to buy from wal-home-lowes

5. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help !! I appreciate it....

6. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Check out Anderson, Lebenon, Reed and Prine, Johnathan Green.