Quality hardscaping...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some pictures of what a quality completed hardscape looks like.

cstpatio 048 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 052 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 053 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 056 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 057 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
  2. mrusk

A few more pics. The last one is a picture of the brains behind the Rusk operation (me).

cstpatio 059 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 060 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 062 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

cstpatio 033.jpg
  3. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

nice work man
  4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice work. Thats a big job, how long did it take you to complete?
  5. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Impressive. I'll be putting in my first patio, for my brother, and I hope all the classes attendeded and information from this site and manufacturers will help me complete an excellent project. Although it will only be 1/100 of the size of your project..Ha!
  6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm.....you said "completed". Are you still loading pictures, as I don't see any completed shots yet? Uncapped pillars. No lights. No plantings. Beds not backfilled. LOL - new jersery sure has different definitions of "completed"!!

Design and work looks nice.

Whats with the natural stone (or is it fake stone veneer?) and the legos? That combo makes my eyes hurt!

And whats with the 4-inch drain pipe held so high for?

In 'Post 2', 1st Picture - the soldier course border on the right side of steps doesn't flow. That needs corrected.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  7. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

Work looks good, I like the design. Landscaping is really going to set it off, are you doing the landscaping? I look foward to the finished pics
  8. mrusk

Andrew once the job is planted you will hardly see the walls when it fill in. Once the beds are filled in with topsoil, you wont see any 4" pipes. A few that you see are just sleeves.
  9. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm not a hardscaping expert. What are those large blocks under the outer circular wall? Why are there gaps?
  10. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

The problem with the 4" pipe isn't the visibility (even thought they are unsightly), it is the function. The drainage behind a wall has to be at the lowest level. If water were to get to the level of that pipe, youl'd better be running, as the whole thing will be ready to collapse.