Quality hardscaping...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

easy greasy..... i was stating a fact, and the quantity of stone is not equal to the quality of work. i know you are proud of the 1600 ton of stone.

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt can be hardcore, but he does quality work.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Ummm......yeah.....that turn in the soldier course screams ummm..."quality" :hammerhead:

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Overall its more of a "look at what I can do kinda project" and kudos to you Matt for selling them that. You must be a good salesman because in all honesty unless they have20 people living in that house or they entertain a huge amount of people, then I think its just monstorous to have in ones back yard. But again, hopefully you made some good money on this and you can upgrade to a ford instead of that ole dodge. :)

5. DVS Hardscaper

Zedo, I think Jimmy Buffett and his band are going to do a show there!

In Northern VA, there is a HUGE, outdoor concert arena (can't think of what that place is called, they change their name all the time, TThomass and maybe PaperCutter knows what I'm talking about), all the BIG names play there. That's what came to mind when I 1st saw the pics!

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

OK If you say so! To get down to than the only one on this board that would get my business if I won the lotto would be Zedo.

7. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

Its now called Jiffy Lube Live, before it was Nissan Pavilion.

8. DVS Hardscaper

Oh Yeah baby! Especially if you like your backyard looking like the bottom of a freakin fish tank (landscape gravel palooza)!!!

jab jab!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

I should take that back. Todd and a few other do quality work. Everyone has a different style and different design aspects for their regions etc. You think everyone should conform to what DVS landscapes does and it should be taken as gospel.

10. DVS Hardscaper

Not at all, by any means :) Because we primarily focus on the upper end of low level to mid-level jobs. Intentionally.

See, you're seeing my comments as the glass as 1/2 empty and the negative is preventing you from seeing the enhanced potential that great contractors have.

Zedo does great hardscape work. But it's disappointing to see such great work copped out with landscape gravel. Thats like wearing work boots with a formal pair of high dollar dress pants, dress shirt, jacket, and tie.

It's like a great athlete that is slacking in areas that he/she has the potential to excel even further in.

I'll speculate that this summer we're going to see pictures from Zedo with less gravel and more perennials. A softer touch full of natural color :) He'll find perennials that like dry soil for his clients that don't like to water. And I bet the title to his thread of new pics has my name in it!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011