Quality Landscapes and Experience.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ChrisCoope, Apr 18, 2007.

1. I've been in this business for a great many years, my companies have always strived to work at the very top end of quality.
    Dry-lay drives was created in England in 1984 ! we did so because the first brick drive we constructed took ten man days to point with a dark mortar, worse the mortar -even though we covered the whole drive with a damp hessian cover dried out too quickly and we had to redo it !
    Then experimented with Residential crib walls the same year,
    We were asked to build Green roofs in 1990 ! the first few used artificial glassfibre rocks, these worked great as they were so light and made great containers.
    All the projects won awards due to our attention to detail , the quality of our staff and a willingness to be bold and learn and sometimes make mistakes.
    I have thousands of pictures which I have been asked to put on a website, if you like, some can be put here - just let me know, its something else learned over many years, giving back a little to that which you have gained so much enjoyment is a good thing!
    Here are a few you might enjoy..!
    The first is from the Chelsea Flower - you can ee some of the latest ideas online at this years Chelsea.
    chel seif174s.jpg
    One of the first Xeriscape gardens - this was a small Cottage Mediterranean style
    Cotton 3.jpg
    This was a very restricted site the entrance to the back was just 28 inches !!
    Green1s.jpg
    Here is an early roof garden using the artificial rocks..
    tetrapak 9s.jpg
    One of my favorites a lovely garden restoration using natural stone and brick, once the patio and steps were completed we sprayed them with a mixture of soot and yogurt to speed up the moss and lichen growth to make it look old quickly! The lawn was raised over 6 inches at the front and a drainage system was installed to enable better water run off so the grass could grow better on this heavy clay soil.
    kern 201s.jpg

chel seif174s.jpg

Cotton 3.jpg

Green1s.jpg

tetrapak 9s.jpg

kern 201s.jpg

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Nice work, its nice to see those really thick, full landscapes. Nice work!