Quality lime?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doster's L & L, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Is there such a thing as quality lime or a less quality lime? Is there one calcitic lime better than another calcitic lime? or even dolomitic lime better than another dolomitic? I was curious b/c i got on a website from a search engine of a lime producer in MS that said something to the effect of, "check out our quality lime...". I thought all lime was created equal. Thanks for the help.

2. fastpitcher

fastpitcher LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have done a lot of research on aerating. During me research I learned; do not add lime unless the soil sample calls for it. I know this is not exactly what you you are looking for. I don't want you to damage your lawn.

rick

Opps you posted on my thread; you probably already know this.
    sorry

3. Doster's L & L

Thanks for the reply anyway, rick. I'm actually wanting to find out if there are cheap types of lime out there. I don't want to get a cheap type of lime that has adverse effects in the soil.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Personally i think lime is lime. Ive used many different brands and it all does the same thing. They probably used "high quality" cause it makes their product sound better.

5. Doster's L & L

That is what i was thinking originally, but i wanted to make sure though. Don't really want to put down crappy lime ya know. Thanks for the reply.