Quality of cut ... BOP [Quick] mowers vs. Wright Standers of similar deck size?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking for some input on users who have used BOTH mowers for fair comparison.

Wrights are faster from what I hear so they can tend to out run the blade tip speed. There is no Wright Dealer in my area so no I can't demo one to compare myself.
    :waving:

2. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE OWNED both quality of cut very similiar in almost all conditions. Very good.

3. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Wright stander is head and shoulders above any BOP.
    I know this is going to spark debate, but BOP doesn't seem like a mower I would trust to use 12+ hours a day to make a living off of.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Do you own a Quick? I would put the quality of cut of a Quick against any mower out there. Stripes awesome. It is my primary mower for lawns 5k sq ft up to 1/2 acre. 2nd year, am pleased as pie with it.

5. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

Why is it when you mention BOP or Bad Boy it brings out all the mental midgets? If you have never used one or seen one your comments are useless, thanks for trying to contribute though. You probably thought you were helping, I guess it's the thought that counts.

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I own a Quick 32" it cuts very good. I have not owned a Wright but I see about 30 a day down here. They are real popular with the guys that do the malls, shopping centers and medians. They leave a great cut to.

For what we use the Quick for ( gated back yards ) it is perfect. For a primary mower I would go with Wright.

7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

BOP has a slightly better cut but the Stander is better over all. We cut 1/4 acre lots or smaller.

8. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Haha
    No one mentioned bad boy
    Mental midget?
    Theres no need for name calling..
    And I have used one actually,
    We bought one and sent it back, there's no way it would have stood up to our punishment.
    If your a true landscaper, who mows a lot of lawns, and uses these things day in and out, then there's not even a question of what one is a true machine.

Why do you think one wright is as much as 2 bop's?
    you get what you pay for.

9. Shasta Lake Landscaping

A picture is worth the thousand words I could waste trying to explain
    [​IMG]

10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Given perfect conditions, the Quick will deliver a better cut (not by a mile necessarily, but to my discerning eye, it's noticeable). And, given poor conditions, both will spit out clumps and pack the deck with grass, but the Wright, with its deeper cutting platform will be able to struggle along further without needing the deck to be cleaned. (But, given those same poor conditions, a Wright Stander will rut, while the Quick will simply glide over the same turf)