Quality pine straw? I think not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NCSULandscaper, Oct 9, 2003.

1. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

This is the kind of quality pine straw suppliers are selling around here lately.

This is some that was loaded up for me the other day.

pine straw_0246.jpg

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Fresh out of the woods, un sorted!

4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I found a live garden snake in a bale on day. :dizzy:

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

what can pine straw be used for?

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats about all that has been available lately. With all the rain we have had it was bundled wet and by the time we get it the inside of the bale is black with mold. Plan on waiting a couple of weeks and then picking up 200 bales.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

And to think I wuzbitchin' about because I got a load of hardwood mulch with some gravel in it.

If it were me I would have pitched one more fit about that junky pine straw. No way am I putting trashy stuff like that in my customer's beds.

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

We put it in our flower beds here at home in the fall, and leave it there till the spring.

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

We put it in our flower beds here at home in the fall, and leave it there till the spring.

10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Dont worry i have to go back tomorrow and you can count on it that i will have a fit with them. I had to pick through most of it best as i could because i had to have pine straw and there are only 2 suppliers in town both of which sell crap.

There have been more cases of people finding snakes in baled pine straw. Heard of two cases where there was a family of copperhead snakes found in a truckload and the other day heard about a woman that found 8 baby rattlesnakes in a bale she bought.