Quality Tool

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by clallen03, Oct 11, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking for some quality hand tools; shovels, hard rakes, leaf rakes, hoes, ect. Tools needed for a landscape crew.

Just wondering if you'll can tell me were I can find some quality tools. Im tired of running back to HD and Lowes after that cheap stuf brakes.

Thanks for you help.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Try John Deere Landscapes, or other Irrigation supply houses. They normally have pretty good tools.

I just buy from HD and lowes, cause they have a warranty.

3. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah that was the reason I was buying from these stores. The only problem is when the tools brake its normally pass the store warrenty and you have to go through the manufactuer to get the warrenty honored. They normally are pretty good about the replacing the tool but it usually take about 2-3 week and who has that kind of time.

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Try AM Leonard for quality tools and professional pricing. You can make a list from items on their web site, but best if you call and speak to an account manager for the best pricing. My account manager is Nancy Rudy and she is very knowledgeable and comes up with outstanding prices. Most of the installers I work with have been calling her for most of their tools and other landscaping needs.

http://amleo.com/

Kirk

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Go too John Deere Landscapes and buy the plastic handled tools.
    They will not break.
    All the fiberglass stuff is junk.
    A 4 inch trench shovel is about 30 bucks and doing full time irrigation will last you several years.

6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We just bought a case of 24 shovels (12) flats and (12) rounds made by Ames and I think they're the sturdiest I've ran across in a while. Wood or fiber handles and we got them for around $15 ea. from a company called Cal-Pacific. Google search them and you'll probably find something.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The wood or fiber handles will not last here in Georgia .
    The ground is too hard.

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know what you guys are doing with your tools, but i get the fiberglass stuff from the big box stores and it last me well over a season. i have one diamond back flat shovel form HD that is going on two years old and the only problem with it is the fact that the bottom is getting thin from concrete and asphalt clean ups.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I like craftsman hand tools. The are not the best and they are not the worst but they have a lifetime warranty, just take it back to the store and they will give you a new one.

10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a lot of the Craftsman fiberglass handled tools, as well as the 'Kodiak" line (blue handled fiberglass) that I get from my local supplier. I believe they are made by Ames or Jackson, they have been the most durable. I've been in business now for almost 13 years, and have accumulated a lot of hand tools, so I usually only buy a couple a year now.