1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southerngent, Dec 1, 2002.

1. southerngent

southerngent LawnSite Member

I know that LCO's , for the most part ,want to deliver quality....but what , in you guy's opinion, does a quality job consist of?...I know....dumb question:dizzy:
  2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Nice, straight stripes, trimmed and edged neatly, no clippings on road, sidewalks, drives, etc.
  3. southerngent

Thanks ...I know they want it done nice....my dealer told me that he thought trimming was VERY important....don't miss a spot!

I guess it just pays to be very thorough on all of it...thanks again
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd have to agree with that (even thou we can't stripe down here) ...... I always look at the entrance area of a home and the edging n trimming (specially when bidding ....it kinda tells me what kind of service they already get)

N add reliable consistent dependable service ..... which meets the customers expectations

I see we're neighbors ..... Welcome ;->
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimming always helps!:blob3:
  6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Doing the best work you can possibly do on every job you do. In other words SET A STANDARD FOR THE QUALITY OF WORK YOU WANT TOO ACHEVE AND THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN! But this is just how I do things.
  7. southerngent

Thanks guy's...and yup Steve...just down the road from ya...thanks for the welcome
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

For me, its as close to perfection on a job as possible. I'm a perfectionist, which really sucks sometimes. Especially when you have people working for you. Nobody working for me has ever had as much pride in the work. So it does drive me crazy sometimes.

We don't strip here either. I want the smoothest, cleanest cut possible. Not all the dips in the lawn showing. Floating wider decks do a great job on that. Gives a carpet appearance. Trimming is the art form. The mower will do its job everytime. But the trimming has much more to do with the operator. Sharp crisp edging and trimming. I hate to see anything missed.
  9. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Quality is of course performing a detailed job when maintaining a property. Crisp clean eding on mulch beds, walkways & driveways. Leave no evidence that you were there...besides a beautiful job. Also constantly keeping in mind that striping is somewhat of an art form (or so we like to say). Also nice clean trucks, trailers & equipment with uniformed employees. Yes you could still do a "quality" job with out uniforms or clean equipment...but we like to let the customer know thats one way we seperate our business from most other LCO's in our area.