Question About a Gravely Pro Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tinmansoccer11, Jul 25, 2004.

1. tinmansoccer11

tinmansoccer11 LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Gravely Pro 36", walk-behind, belt drive, w/ a Kaw engine. I've noticed that sometimes when mowing up or down a slight hill, my brakes fluctuate. Is this normal, or do I need to have it looked at? Thanks.

2. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

I have a 32 and it does the same. So yes i think it is normal.

3. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a pro 36" with a 14Hp Kawi. and I have noticed that some times the brake does seem to engage only momentarily then its OK.It seems to be the right side that does it.Is this the same with yours?

4. tinmansoccer11

Four C.,
    Yeah, it seems to be more the right side. If I go down a steep hill, then both fluctuate, but normally it's just the right side. So you think it's normal?

5. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have been trying to adjust the belt tension so it is even on both sides.I also notice that one belt (of the 2 per side) seems tighter than the other.I am also looking into belt dressing for the drive belts.

6. tinmansoccer11

Well, let me know what you figure out. I have another question for ya. Do you have a striping kit on your mower? Can I get one anywhere they sell parts for Gravely mowers? Or should I just make my own? Thanks.