Question about a walker.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Technologies, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Im looking at getting a new walker SD with the 56 deck thursday, anything bad about that size I need to know about before picking it up?I wont be doing any cattching.

2. TCossuto

TCossuto LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Yeah, nothing wrong with it. If it's a non floating deck, you may have trouble with any bumps/holes and scalp the lawn.

3. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

go for the mulching deck. We had a SD and went to a mulching deck in a lower size. Walkers mulch so well that the bigger SD deck is now just a spare sitting in the warehouse :)

And, I might be wrong here, but I thought all walker decks were "floating" decks?

Isn't that their big claim to fame?

Oh, and if you haven't bought yet, I LOVE my Diesel model. Can mow about 1.5 ot 2 Acres per gallon of fuel.

4. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

yes walker decks do float I have never used a walker mulching deck just ghs and sd here in maine the grass grows to fast in the spring to mulch

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Any change of having a 36" SD for sale?

6. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

You'll love any type of Walker you get. It's the best purchase I've made in my life. I'm a solo op. and I show up to a house with other lco's nearby and I thank my lucky stars that I'm not walking. BTW, I'm faster than their crews and it looks much better. Best of luck, John.

7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

As of now I use a 52 WB going up another 4inches will I have any problems?

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just my opinion here....but if your not going to bag, why get a Walker?

9. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

hay turf walker has a 52 deck that you can eather sd or mulch with and change over also

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The blade tip speed is slower on the deisel units due to the engin RPM's, leaving a "rougher" looking cut. At least it was on my 1997 Walker.