question about backpack blowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by smarotta09, Oct 2, 2012.

1. smarotta09

smarotta09 LawnSite Member

hello all, im shopping for 2 new backpack blowers... how do i tell which one are the strongest? i see all different brands, (redmax, echo) and all different numbers also.. any help appreciated.. thanks!
  2. JParisan

JParisan LawnSite Member

RedMax EBZ8500 is the strongest backpack blower on the market
  3. smarotta09

smarotta09 LawnSite Member

that didnt really answer my question haha...cause im shopping for used, new or whatever i can get my hands on but i want to make sure its not a dog
  4. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

Just go to their websites and compare the specifications. Horsepower and CFM's I believe.

The biggest ones are the Stihl Br600, Redmax/Husky EBZ8500, Echo 770.

I have the echo it's great.

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

look at the CFM (cubic feet per minute) that tells you the volume of air the that blower blows. the higher the number the greater the power. and right now the redmax EBZ8500 is the most powerful with a CFM rating of: 908CFM
  6. sterlinglawns

sterlinglawns LawnSite Member

I used the shindaiwa br600 magnum last year, it was a beast. I think any higher end backpack blower will be plenty strong. The Little Wonder is also a good tool to have. If your researching CFM try to find out if they are measuring it at the housing or at the end of the blow pipe.