Question, about bidding mult. accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NNJLandman, Jan 26, 2007.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I just recieved a bid to price out several locations, so theres about 12 locations they want a price only interested in maybe 2 or 3 of the locations. Now the way the bid is written it basically says that they might divide up the accounts depending on the prices give....if one company has 3-4 good prices they might get those but the rest will give to another lower if I just send in my bid for the couple accounts im interested in will it just be thrown out or do you think its worth a try?

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have done this - submit bid for entire project. Then break down the bids per property. Properties that you want - be competitve but you know your own numbers. Maybe raise the others a bit due to drive time etc.

I would say go for it and see what happens. Best of luck!
  3. mgmlandscaping

mgmlandscaping LawnSite Member

I have a friend who did the same thing last year with many storage places in NJ, he bid on the total package and got them all. Bad news was he did not factor in all his costs for some places that were really out there. I would recommend bidding on them all, just do your homework. Good luck...