Question about blowing...not a joke!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jds720, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok gets in some laughs and giggles I would to!!

I need some tips and tricks for blowing clippings. I seem to spend alot of time on this. Maybe im just picky, i dunno, maybe a bad angle.
    Let me know
  2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Tip #1...
    Blow WITH the wind.

thats all I got.
  3. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i blow my clippings at a 45 degree angle from the curb toward the driveway. so this way some of it goes back onto the grass while i have some left over to blow up onto the driveway then into the grass. i hate the wind when blowing. sucks.
    hope this helped.
  4. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

What do you need to know? It's not difficult. Are you confused about where to blow the clippings?

Tip #1...
    Blow WITH the wind.

Good tip, but it seems like the wind is always blowing back in my face, especially when I am blowing leaves. :laugh:
  5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

If you must must blow into the wind, cut back on the throttle. Keep the clippings as close to the ground as possible. It's far better to move the clippings "slow and low" than to try and blast them away only to have them fly up in the air and then go behind you.:hammerhead:
  6. wannabemowing

wannabemowing LawnSite Member

Blow with the wind is a good tip, but anybody notice how it never fails the wind is always blowing in your face when it comes time to blow!!:) Another good tip mentioned is be real easy on the throttle and keep the clippings low, it may seem to take awhile but it will be better then having to start over when all of hte clippings are behind you!!
  7. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks! im not a complete idiot, atleast i dont think so! but getting blasted by grass and having to go over the same area a few times sucks.
    Do you guys blow any of the clippings in the edged part of the walkways? or do you leave that clean of all debrie?
  8. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

I love it when your blowing against the wind and you lay into a fireant mound.
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Good, practical advice !!
  10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I actually use two blowers - the control is unbeatable. One blows almost straight with the sidewalk while the other is held in front a foot or two, turned straight into lawn. The first blower lifts the debris, while the second shoots it into the lawn. Works great. Can blow as fast as I can walk. Will completely clean out edging lines, as well. Wind not much of an issue with this method...