1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

question about brochures

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

when you make a brochure do you put aby prices in there?

weekly lawn maintenance ($x per 1000 sq. ft)
    description of service

or do you just say call for a free estimate?
  2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't mow lawns, but I don't list any examples of cost for anything I do, even barkdust.

One reason, is that people hang onto brochure stuff for years, and I don't want them to call in two years, while even thinking about old prices.

Also, brochures end up going to homes of other landscape and tree company owners, and I don't want them to know my price range.
  3. Clear-Cut

good points

i was also thinking not to put them on there because it might throw it off a little...i cant list prices for some jobs..such as renovations because its hard to give an example of pricing because it depends on what the customer is going to want done

i will NOT include prices

these brochures will only be for new customers that i get, it will show them the services i offer and how and why they should ask me to perform these services..plus i cant afford to print out 1000 brochures right now.

where can i get good quality brochures for a good price?? vista print has some really good deals (25 brochures for free)..but how good do they look?
    i ordered some business cards from them that i uploaded an image onto and they didnt come out as nice as i wanted...im only looking to get about 50 or so for now and i will order more as i need them.
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just put please call at your earliest convenience to set up an appointment.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

One thing you can do is put prices on your website, and direct potential clients thru your advertising to your site. There are some good reasons to list prices on flyers and brochures but as soon as your prices change, those materials become obsolete.

I find a lot of people tell me how many LCO's don't return their calls...so a lot of people are reluctant to play the 'game'...where they get a flyer, then call, wait for a return call, call back, still no call, no estimate, etc. If they have a price in hand then when they call, it's normally because they want to start service.
  6. Clear-Cut

sounds good

very true..im working on finding a cheap place to host my site...but i cant find anything yet