1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question about building a system

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by exmarkking, Jun 10, 2013.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

That it is!! It was fine when I only had 15-20 accounts, I could keep it all in my head but double or triple that and it's humanly impossible without going crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I've read the e-myth book and it actually doesn't give you systems to put in place it just says to put systems in place, I agree you need systems, but WHAT systems? There in lies the problem for most growing companies, one thing is NEVER give a quote on the spot, you need time, at least I do, to think before handing out a price, obviously this is for landscaping projects, a simple mowing account should be able to quote on the spot.

3. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you need quickbooks online and an iPhone or iPad with Internet access. I can meet with a client right up an estimate and email it all from my phone. If they want a paper copy I can make one on carbon copy paper and just enter it later into quickbooks. I have thought about a wireless printer and using my iPhone as a hot spot and print it in the truck just haven't had enough time to set it up.

You can also enter services preformed and just keep the invoice going for the month if you preform additional services.

Calvin .
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

we use QB's online, it can be accessed from any smartphone, no need for a overpriced iPhone.