Question about Edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kakuenzli, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kakuenzli

kakuenzli LawnSite Member

I am thinking about purchasing a Stihl FC 110 Edger within the next couple of months and I was wondering if this unit is only for edging along sidewalks/driveways or can it also edge along flowerbeds? I have read threads where LCOs rent or own bed edgers specifically designed for flowerbeds, so what is the average price for these units. My yard has bermuda, so of course it is growing into the beds. Does anyone know if Stihl is going to be manufacturing a new/better edger than the FC 110? The Stihl dealer closest to me says that more people are going to Stihl than Shindawia because of their weight. What do you guys think?
  2. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I've got the sthil 85 straight shaft model, the unit has plenty of power but the straight shaft sucks, get one with a bent shaft is a lot easier to see what you are doing.
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I enjoy the power of the FC 110 and the straight shaft is better in my opinion because you can get in tight areas and against cars easier because they take less room.
    They will work fine on flower beds if you keep them up regularly. It will work even if it is not regular but will take you forever. I use them on flower beds regularly and have no problem keeping them looking good.