Question about edging??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by satch, Jan 23, 2005.

1. satch

satch LawnSite Member

I just landed 2 new apt. complexs, both owned by the same person.They just want what i call basic service.Mowing,trimming,and blow sidewalks and breezeways every week.Here is the question the grass is bermuda and weeds nothing fancy at all,the owners want the side walks edged once a month,Will this be often enough?The reason i ask is this my first acct that has wanted edging??? THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!!!

2. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Are you charging a price that doesnt include time to edge? Charging more the one time you do edge??? If you are, than I would just do what the customer wants.. Tell him to keep an eye on the edging, and if it needs more, to just let you know.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

i would go for twice a month min. especially during the fast growing season.
    once a month will just make it harder for you. price accordingly if they want to remain on once a month. :cool:

4. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Some of my "basic mow" customers, I just run a weedeater qucikly over the sides of the sidewalk.... but will occasionally edge for them just to keep the dirt, ground from overtaking it.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Once a month should work. It won't look perfect, but will still look respectable. Maybe try to stay up on them with the trimmer on visits when you don't edge.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I edge every lawn, every week. Here in Florida weekly edging is expected and every LCO that I know does it. Once the lawn is edged, it's easy to edge every week and it makes the job look manicured. It only takes me about 3 minutes to edge my average lawn with the stick edger. There is nothing that looks better than a lawn that is edged with a stick edger every week.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we include edging in even our most basic account.

if they don't want to pay such a small amount on each trip, then i don't want them as a client.