Question about Ferris mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Dec 21, 2006.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

is the ferris 32 inch a single or double hydro? what about the 36 inch, single or double. if you own one, are you happy with it? thanks for your time.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a 36" Single Hydro. Happy w/ it, but I don't use it unless I have to. I much prefer riding on the 48" Walker or the 61" Ferris.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a 34 inch single hydro good mower but if i bought one it would have a sulky.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Oh yeah, get a sulky. I saw a sulky-like thing that was fixed, but the wheels turned. That might be a cool thing to try out.

5. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 32" Ferris.It is a single hydro. I love the quality of cut. Highly recommend it.

6. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

32" HydroCut is a single hydro. Great cut, but the single hydro has it's downside. Especially on angles.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

They are not to bad to turn, the problem is hauling four mowers on the rigs i would try a 36 inch dual hydro with a sulky a mower that you can use on all your properties,or a z i have a 42 inch z cat good mower now i am haulin two instead of three and four.

8. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

great, thanks, so does ferris make a 36 inch dual hydro or are they all single? what would you reccomend, a Quick36 or a 36 Ferris?Fferris has a 32, 34 , and 36 inch machines? sounds like a waste to me. thanks for your time.

9. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

where I live and work, fences are not uncommon. As a matter of fact, it be uncommon not to have a fence. 80% of all lots are 50X100. People practically live on top of one another. A lot of customers I need the 32 to make it thru the fence gates. So, I have to have a 32, and then something bigger for front yards or the other 20%.

I'd say go for the 32 b/c of the gates. Some of my gates anything bigger wouldn't go thru.

Dave

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Ferris only makes the 32 and 36 single hydro. They only have dual drive 48, 52, & 61. Their new dual drive looks really nice. I will have to check one out.