1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

question about fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by man of stihl, Apr 1, 2006.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone hows it goin? my buddies dad asked me tonite about fertilizer. i said i dont have a license or anything so i dont mess with it. anyway his question was that he has this black madic(s/p) in his front yard. it is a clover type plant with little yellow flowers. he wants to know what to get to get rid of this stuff. any ideas? and where to buy? he is doing to his own lawn, im not doing it.
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

any 3-way type of herbicide will do the job. because of the small leave on black medic he wants to use a liquid formulation. it may take a couple of applications spaced about 10-14 days apart
  3. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

ok so any normal 3way type of herbicide will do the trick? where do i find this herbicide at? like a local garden store?
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

triplet, weed-b-gone or any brand of 3-way. you can get it at any garden center